Monday, November 9, 2009

Water Marble

Here is my probably the finest attempt of water marbling. I think i am starting to really learn how to do it and don't repeat mistakes. The crucial turn for me was watching Nihrida's Tutorial .
I realized that i don't have to use a lot of polish, i can only make 2 drops of polish (instead of 5-6 as i used to do) ,and having a smaller dish for water really helps too.
I also used a lip balm around my fingers and cuticle - it makes cleaning a lot easier.
I like the result, but however where is still room for improvement :) And you know what?
People who think that Konading is messy, probably nether tried water marbling - for me this experience was very super messy and extremely time consuming - i spent liek 90 minutes making this look, and after all teh cleaning arround fingers, cuticul area is atill not very clean.

Right hand
For this look i used Orly "Polo Princess as a base color" and Zoyas"Vanessa"and "Purity" for the marbles.

8 comments:

  1. Very cute, marble nails is so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is pretty water marble... im always failed whenever i do water marble so i just stick to konading & dots..lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love marbled nails! Specially in pink!:D
    Always remind me of candy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty manicure. Don't be so hard on yourself. I love the combination of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To help with the cleanup, try using tape around the edges of your nail. I never would have thought of it until I saw a tutorial on Tartofraises showing the technique & it makes things SOOO much neater. Still some cleanup but not 90 mins woth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That turned out great, I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your marbles is so cooll .. it makes a patterns .. love it >.<

    ReplyDelete